Wanderlust Festival took over Colorado this past weekend with an all-out celebration of mindful living, yoga and meditation. A team of stylists and Matrix Artistic Director & Celebrity Stylist Nick Stenson joined in on the fun to style event goers with fun hairstyles that embodied the festival's transformative experience.
Actress Jamie King, known for her roles in Pearl Harbor and Hart of Dixie, took a seat in Stenson's chair and left with beautiful waves courtesy of the new Biolage R.A.W line launching next month. The Biolage R.A.W. styling line consists of five new stylers that provide a “naked touch,” with high-performance styling results that are seen but not felt.
"When discussing Jamie's look we settled on something that would be movable and pliable all day long at the Wanderlust Festival. We embodied her personality and bohemian vibe with simple textured waves, keeping the hair looking soft and beautiful," Stenson says.
Get the look:
1. To prep hair, use Biologe R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Dry hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk for heat and color protection.
3. Create a center part and comb around the hairline creating waves and giving the hair direction.
4. Spray with Biologe R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray then use a 3/4 inch barrel curling iron to curl hair and brush the waves through to keep them soft.
5. Spray Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Spray through the hair to maintain frizz and protect from humidity.
6. Finish it off with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Spray to set and add texture to the hair.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.