While many may not have been able to take their eyes off of Nicki Minaj’s bubblegum pink latex cat suit—a look only the female rapper could pull off—we couldn’t stop staring at her pin-straight, two-toned hair. “Nicki was giving off serious Barbie vibes in her pink two piece,” celebrity stylist Tokyo Stylez (@tokyostylez) says. “We wanted to make a statement with stick-straight, long beautiful locks.”
- Stylez prepped Minaj’s hair with the ghd Advanced Split End Therapy. “I like to start with this cream because it replenishes and restores over-worked strands and brings damaged ends back to life,” he says.
- He then massaged in ghd Heat Protectant spray and about five pumps of ghd Straight & Tame Cream from roots to tip to create a sleek look.
- Next, Stylez blew out her strands with the ghd Air Hairdryer and used the ghd Tail Comb to create a clean middle part.
- Using the ghd Platinum Styler and ghd Oval Dressing Brush, Stylez worked through her hair to straighten ½-inch horizontal sections.
- To complete the look, Stylez sprayed the ghd Narrow Dressing Brush with hairspray and brushed through her stands from root to tip to create a super sleek look.
About: A decade on from revolutionizing hairstyling with the launch of its first styler, ghd remains true to its founding ethos: the spirit of transformation. In addition to its stylers, which continue to be a cult must-have for women in search of beautiful hair, a new product line, ghd Style, and a collection of professional brushes complete the ghd range.