Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on a low, romantic updo at Valentino’s Pre-Fall Show.
“The look at the Valentino pre-fall show is a very simple, soft ponytail, with a bit of Guts 10 to accentuate both the look and the girls’ natural texture. I’ve pulled the hair into this low ponytail with a little bit of height on the crown to add dimension, and I’ve pulled out some hair in the front for a romantic feel.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: LOW, ROMANTIC PONYTAIL
- Start by creating a clean middle part using fingers.
- Using a hair razor, cut the front pieces of the hair asymmetrically. Make sure one side is shorter than the other (either side, depending on the face shape.)
- Apply a small amount of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to a round brush. Use a blowdryer to smooth the top and add volume.
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to the crown of the head to add additional volume. Set hair with a blowdryer and insert clips to hold style while hair cools.
- Square off the hair around the forehead with fingertips.
- Using a curling iron, create a natural bend in the hair length for a romantic feel.
- Gather hair into a low ponytail using fingers. Secure the hair firmly, but softly, with an elastic. Allow the ears on each side to peek through, with about a 1Ž2 section of hair over each ear.
- Spray Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray onto the ponytail holder for added grip.
- Taking a small section of hair, wrap hair around the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin to hide the elastic. Remove clips at the crown of the head.
- Finish with a spritz of Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to set.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.