Paying homage to old Hollywood glamour, Irina Vitjaz’s SS 2018 collection at New York Fashion Week combined elements of sophistication and elegance with free-flowing dresses and form-fitting jumpers. To match the glamour of the models, hair lead Michael Curtis created slicked-back, low ponytails.
“We wanted the hair to mimic the clothes without overpowering them. A sleek, matte-finish low ponytail is the definition of timeless elegance,” Curtis says.
GET THE LOOK:
- Use label.m Metal Tail Comb to create a middle part; prep edges with label.m Volume Mousse.
- Blow dry front sections with label.m Session Brush ensuring all flyaways are secure.
- Apply label.m Hairspray and smooth with label.m Grooming Brush, bringing all of the hair into a super-smooth low ponytail.
- Use elastic to secure low ponytail onto the nape of the neck.
- Take a piece of hair from the ponytail and wrap around the elastic. Secure last inch of hair into the base of the ponytail with a U-shaped pin.
- Use label.m Texture Wax Stick and label.m Hairspray to smooth any flyaways.
About: Born out of the love for creativity and passionate dedication to the craft of hairdressing, label.m was created in London in 2005 by Toni Mascolo, CEO, and Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Global Creative Director. The official haircare product of London Fashion Week, and now a $100 million super brand, label.m embodies London's Brit-cool collective of fashion and music. Launched in 2005 with 15 distinctive products, the current label.m collection now incorporates more than 75 products. For more info visit www.labelmusa.com.