When time is tight and the heat is on, there’s nothing cooler than a simple top knot. Help guests get out the door in style with a quick twist, wrap and pin. And then show them a second look with faux sweeping fringe. Ana Peters, Education Ambassador for Sam Villa, shares a double look that easily transitions from day to night.
1. Using a Sam Villa Signature Series Styling Brush, gather all hair into a smooth ponytail a little forward of the high point of the head. Secure ponytail with an elastic.
2. Spray Redken Iron Shape 11 throughout ponytail. Using the Sam Villa Signature Series Texture Professional Texturizing Iron, gently compress all the way down the hair within the ponytail to add fullness and a moldable feel.
3. Holding hair at the base of the ponytail, start twisting and wrapping around the base. Tuck the ends in and pin to secure.
Top Knot with Faux Sweeping Fringe
1. Once the top knot is wrapped, start unwrapping it until the ends fall at the desired length and sits diagonally across the forehead.
2. Pin to secure top knot. Gently and lightly tease the underside of the fringe. Secure fringe in place with hair pins.
3. Spray with Redken Triple Take 32 to lock in place without a gummy or crispy feel.
About: Sam Vila is co-founder of Sam Villa (Allvus, LLC), designed to bring “More Sam to More People.” The educational world of this Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007), Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015) and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, can be experienced on https://www.samvilla.com/pro/ tools – brushes, combs, thermal Series. Stylists have access to “The Aspire Tour™” digital education series and other hot tips and techniques, as well as Sam Villa Signaturetools and shears.