The Blonds SS18 collection was inspired by the intersection of music and life, specifically Elvis Presley, Prince, Grace Jones and musicians of the late '70s and '80s. Kien Hoang (@kienhoang), Oribe Director of Content and Training, used Oribe Hair Care to create a wet, ultra-glossy hairstyle to complement the looks. "We wanted the girls to look like they just came out of the pool," Hoang says. "The goal was to make the hair whip and flick as they walked down the runway."
Get the Look:
- Saturate the hair with Run-Through Detangling Primer from roots to ends to add moisture and prep the hair for styling.
- Emulsify the balm-to-oil Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Intensive Treatment by rubbing between palms, then finger-stroke the hair, beginning at the crown and moving down toward the ends to create texture.
- Follow with Curl Gloss Hydration and Hold and Côte d'Azur Luminous Hair & Body Oil for added shine and separation.
- Diffuse hair at the top to create lift at the crown.
- Apply Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray for heat protection before tapping a flatiron down strands to create a piecey texture.
- Use fingers to mold hair back away from the face, leaving pieces out to frame the face. Tuck hair behind the ear on one side, anchoring it in place with red hibiscus flowers.
- Mist the flowers with Côte d'Azur Luminous Hair & Body Oil for a wet and shiny finished look.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.