Last week, at the world premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, makeup artist Tym Buacharern used MAC Cosmetics for Danai Gurira's look.
“I wanted the look to be a celebration. It was to have fun with colors, stone embellishments, sparkle, and shine. I wanted to create something that Danai hasn't done before,” said Buacharern, adding, “Her main feature is her eye makeup with purples, blues, golds, and rich tones. I was inspired by Africa. I wanted her eyes to pop in a playful way by giving her a more colorful look that represents what I feel is Wakanda.”
MAC recently announced the MAC x Wakanda Forever special, limited-edition makeup collection. The 18 piece collection celebrating the film will launch in stores and online November 1.
For Gurira's face, Buacharern used
- Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation - NW57
- Studio Fix 24-Hour Smooth Wear Concealer - NW50
- Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - NW48
- Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Deepest Dark
For her eyes, the makeup artist used:
- Eye Shadow X 8: Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Collection By M·A·C using Heart Share Herb on lid, and mixed Claw Mark and Onyx inside crease and outer area to add intensity with My Calling for a lower smudge (available 11/1)
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Collection By M·A·C Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Royal Vibrancy as a brow highlight (available 11/1)
- MACStack Mascara in Black
*Added Amethyst and Onyx Swarovski crystals to add shine and dimension
For the lips, the products used were:
- Lip Liner in Chestnut
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Collection By M·A·C Love Me Liquid Lipcolour in Thicker Than Water (available 11/1)
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther Collection By M·A·C Lipglass in Feelin’ It (available 11/1)
Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” will be in theaters November 11.