It's safe to say bangs will never go out of style. Whether the fringe comes as a part of your client's getting-over-a-breakup transformation, or just an overall desire for change, bangs are a quick and easy way to renew a sense-of-self and completely alter a look.
In this fun how-to video, our friend and L’Oréal Professionnel ambassador Anh Co Tran (@anhcotran) demonstrates a sultry, '70s-inspired, sweeping bang to compliment a moveable, shag cut. The change is subtle enough to blend seamlessly but apparent enough to say, "Hey, I'm new here." Watch the process unfold below:
Get the look:
- Cut the hair dry and smooth it out with a round brush prior to cutting.
- When cutting dry, spray a generous amount of L’Oréal Professionnel Brush Proof to calm static and detangle hair.
- Keeping the hair for bangs up front, split the hair from the back of the head in half and part each section on a steep diagonal.
- Bring the parted sections forward and leave one section at the back of the head to begin cutting.
- For the first cut on the bangs, elevate the hair to about 45 degrees.
- For the second and third time around, elevate the hair a little bit higher.
- When desired length and angle is achieved, blend the bangs into the rest of the cut.
About: L’Oréal Professionnel is committed to helping hairdressers in their day-to-day practice, by improving their working conditions, teaching them the latest styling techniques and developing services that showcase their expertise. L’Oréal Professionnel is also committed to developing high quality, environmentally friendly products.