It's always interesting to hear where your clients are getting their beauty supplies and next time you ask them, they may say, wait for it...."Dollar General."
The chain is rolling out new store layouts with beauty bars displaying skin and hair care supplies. Internally branded as "Beauty Reinvention," DG’s new layout with personal care aisles will appear in approximately 300 stores this fiscal year.DG is also adding several exclusive lines of "clean" skin and hair products.
Dollar General’s first Beauty Reinvention stores launched in February 2023 and include beauty bars to give customers a ‘treasure hunt’ experience with face masks, hair treatments, nail polish, lip gloss, bath bombs and more. Other format enhancements include increasing the skincare section by 50 percent and soap and shower offerings by 30 percent, an expanded and cohesive hair care and color section that includes new textured hair products, and an overall increase in square footage dedicated to the beauty category.
To reinforce DG’s dedication to bringing customers clean beauty, skin and hair care products that are accessible, affordable and on-trend, Dollar General has also announced three new exclusive skin and hair product lines rolling onto shelves nationwide starting this month, including Joy Works, Curl Rhythm and yes! honey. All products are available for $6 or less and are derived from quality ingredients and are cruelty-free.
New Exclusive Product Lines Include:
- Joy Works:
- Joy Works believes that great sensitive skincare should be affordable and available for all and having sensitive skin shouldn’t stop you from feeling like the best version of you.
- Products include: Calming Face Mask, Fragrance Free Daily Body Lotion, Gentle Facial Cleanser, Hydrating Facial Moisturizer and Soothing Body Lotion
- Dermatologist-tested, clean, cruelty-free, dye-free, vegan friendly, gluten-free, mostly fragrance-free and infused with prebiotic and skin conditioning ingredients to help soothe sensitive skin. Joy Works bottles are also recyclable.
- Curl Rhythm:
- Curl Rhythm believes in uniting people not by the color of their skin but by their hair type. Each Curl Rhythm hair product is made with natural seed oils that penetrate the strand, building moisture and shine that is visibly different.
- Products include: Deep Moisturizing Curl Shampoo, Deep Moisturizing Curl Conditioner, Hydrating Cleansing Conditioner, Leave In Conditioner Butter, Defining Curl Cream and Jojoba Oil Curl Gel.
- Baobab seed oil, the key ingredient, provides deep moisture and shine, fortifying the strand to prevent breakage and providing anti-frizz results. Curl Rhythm is always silicone-free.
- yes! honey:
- yes! honey is specially formulated for different hair types to keep hair nourished inside and out for soft, smooth, healthy-looking hair with every wash and is made with 95 percent naturally derived ingredients.
- Products include: Shampoo & Conditioner for damaged hair, Silky Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner for frizzy hair and Bouncy Volume Shampoo & Conditioner for fine hair.
- Products are paraben-free, color-safe and packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic.
Dollar General’s exclusive Believe Beauty Skin, which debuted in 2021, has also added three new products including Detoxifying Clay Mask, Reviving Eye Cream, and Vitamin C Brightening Serum. Believe Beauty Skin offers a selection of dermatologist-tested products for each stage of skincare, for normal, dry and oily skin types. The products are free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petroleum, triclosan and are vegan and cruelty-free with no animal testing.
In addition to these exclusive products, more than 1,000 supplementary beauty items are being added to DG’s Beauty Reinvention stores in 2023.
More information including product availability is available online at dollargeneral.com.