Whether your hair is straight, wavy, or curly, dealing with a ‘frizz factor’ can be a daily challenge. Combat the frizzies and flyaways with these eight tips from Keratin Complex, a leader in the smoothing category.
“Frizz is the result of a raised and weakened cuticle layer of the hair,” says Paul Dobbert, Keratin Complex Director of Education. "Anyone can control their frizzy hair; it’s just a matter of implementing the proper practices into your haircare routine."
Multiple factors contribute to frizz including humidity, lack of moisture, the use of wrong products, hair type, excessive washing, and improper towel drying.
Here are their eight essential tips to achieve frizz-free, fabulous hair:
- Minimize Friction: Not so rough when towel drying or washing your hair! Be gentle to avoid agitating the follicles and damaging the cuticle.
- Regulate Shower Temperature: Opt for warm, not scalding hot, water to preserve the hair's natural oils and nourishing ingredients in your shampoo and conditioner.
- Pick the Proper Products: Choose moisturizing products that combat frizz, and avoid those with drying or damaging ingredients that may harm your specific hair type.
- Protect from Heat: Use heat protectants while blow-drying or styling to prevent further damage and lock in moisture.
- Trim Regularly: Regular trims help prevent breakage and split ends, with short hair requiring trims every four weeks, while medium to long hair can wait six to eight weeks.
- Use a Microfiber Towel: They are super absorbent and gentle on your hair, reducing the potential for frizz.
- Sleep on a Silk Pillowcase: It will retain moisture levels and keep your hair smooth.
- Detangle Thoroughly: Use a liquid hair detangler and a wide-tooth comb or detangling brush to prevent snags and breakage.
"Never underestimate the value of using the right products," Dobbert says, "preferably ones that contain ingredients like keratin that seal the hair cuticle to repair damage and block humidity that can cause frizz.
"Don’t give up if you feel frizz is getting the upper hand, With these tactics, even the most ‘difficult’ locks can be transformed into gorgeous, healthy-looking hair."
For those in search of the perfect frizz-control products, Keratin Complex offers a range of must-have solutions:
In the Shower: Use Keratin Complex Color Care Smoothing Shampoo (13.5 fl. oz. / $28) and Conditioner (13.5 fl. oz. / $28) to lay the foundation for frizz-free hair.
On Damp, Towel-Dried Hair: Mist Keratin Obsessed Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray (5 fl. oz./ $28) for immediate smoothing results.
For a longer lasting solution, Keratin Complex offers a variety of professional Signature Keratin-fueled hair smoothing treatments, each tailored to your specific needs:
- Keratin Complex NKST (Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment) allows you to enjoy up to five months of smooth, shiny, manageable hair thanks to the brand’s original smoothing solution.
- Keratin Complex NKSTB (Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair) is a reparative treatment for those with blonde, gray, white, fragile or overprocessed strands so that they may experience up to five months of smooth, shiny, manageable hair.
- Keratin Complex KCEXPRESS is a color-locking, speedy hair-smoothing solution that delivers polished, more manageable tresses with results that last up to six weeks. KCEXPRESS takes 15 minutes when added to a color service or only one hour when used as a standalone service.
- Keratin Complex KCMAX is a transformative three-step maximum-strength keratin-smoothing system that combines Signature Keratin with the most advanced smoothing technology to deliver straighter, smoother, and healthier hair that lasts up to 3 months.
- Keratin Complex PBO customizable treatment is powered by K-Pure Juice to provide frizz control and maximize hair smoothness for up to three months.
- Keratin Complex KCSMOOTH is a two-step Heat Activated System fueled by a proprietary blend of Signature Keratin, antioxidants, and amino acids to deliver major manageability and stronger, healthier hair for up to three months.
- Keratin Complex KCTEXTURE is a unique curly keratin treatment designed to enhance and define curly, kinky and coily hair types while restoring hair’s essential moisture.
For more information on Keratin Complex and how to tackle frizz with confidence, visit www.keratincomplex.com