Hairstylist Marissa Marino used René Furterer on Selena Gomez and Bobby Eliot used it on Julia Garner for the 2023 Golden Globe Awards on Tuesday, January 10.
Below they share how they achieved the looks.
René Furterer Pro Tip: As a pre-shampoo treatment, apply the René Furterer Complexe 5 Stimulating Plant Concentrate, the essential first step for optimal scalp and hair health. This warming concentrate formulated with orange and lavender essential oils deeply cleanses and purifies the scalp to reveal naturally beautiful hair from roots to ends.
- I started by blow drying her hair smooth with an Olivia Garden ceramic round brush.
- Then, I added René Furterer STYLE Holding Gel and pulled her hair into a high ponytail, leaving out her front bang area, and secured with a hair tie.
- Next, I curled the ponytail with the Olivia Garden 1.25” curling iron, and sprayed with René Furterer STYLE Finishing Spray.
- Then, I brushed the bang area back into the ponytail and wrapped around the rubber band to secure.
- Lastly, I sprayed with René Furterer STYLE Shine Mist for extra shine.
Bobby says, the inspiration for Julia’s Golden Globe Awards look was her baby pink Gucci gown. The dress is like a breath of fresh air, and we wanted the hair to feel easy and modern to compliment it.
- We started the look with freshly washed, towel dried hair.
- Using the René Furterer STYLE Protect Thermal Protecting Spray, I lightly sprayed section by section all over hair.
- Next, I used a small, pea sized amount of the René Furterer Absolue Keratine Ultimate Repair Serum and applied to the ends of the hair.
- Lastly, I used a small amount of the René Furterer STYLE Sculpting Mousse, and applied to roots, then combed through using a wide tooth GHD detangling comb detangling comb to melt the products together.
- Using a GHD hairdryer and GHD natural bristle and oval dressing brush, I blow dried the hair smooth, locking in shine and moisture. I used a combination of wrap drying and beveling for movement using my GHD oval dressing brush and 1.1 natural bristle round brush.
- Next, I used my GHD tail comb to section off hair into clean, diagonal sections. Using my GHD flat iron, I began smoothing out the hair section by section. While the hair was still warm, I used my GHD oval dressing brush to mold the hair around the face with how I wanted it to sit, with small, no crease flat clips.
- Using the René Furterer STYLE Shine Mist, I lightly sprayed all over to achieve a high gloss finish.
- Lastly, I used the René Furterer STYLE Texture Spray at the roots and ends for added texture. I locked everything in with the René Furterer STYLE Finishing Spray.
MORE FROM THE GOLDEN GLOBES: